INFER (INtegrated Forecasting of Events and Risks) is a program run by the Applied Research Laboratory for Intelligence and Security at the University of Maryland.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (email address)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide INFER with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online
- Transact with our application by making a forecast or comment, or perform other functions
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
collects your data so that we can:
- Process your forecasts or comments for reporting purposes
- Email you with program updates, events, or relevant system alerts
If you agree, INFER will share your data with our partner companies so that we may conduct additional analytics on user behavior and application performance.
- Google (Google Analytics)
- New Relic
How do we store your data?
securely stores your data at an Amazon AWS datacenter in the state of Virginia in the United States.
INFER will keep your data for 1 year following the end of the performance period of this project.
What are your data protection rights?
would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
– You have the right to request INFER for copies of your personal data.
– You have the right to request that INFER correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request INFER to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
– You have the right to request that INFER erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
– You have the right to request that INFER restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
– You have the right to object to INFER’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
– You have the right to request that INFER transfer the data that we have collected directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
What types of cookies do we use?
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]